Monday, August 25, 2008

Richard working on his wood assemblage



Richard starting off with his assemblage on August 25th, 2008


The piece sometime on the second day.


Richard working on his piece the second day.

I started the project with Richard Pimental, like I did in the last project (sight by touch). I gave him one of the larger found wood pieces as a base and some small stuff to be glued on to the base. He did spread the glue and I handed him from time to time various small pieces of wood to be placed into the puddles of adhesive. I had to guide his left hand, holding the handed piece of wood, towards the area where he brushed on the glue. He dropped most of the pieces into the puddles, the ones which missed I let him rearrange, while guiding his hand. He enjoyed working on the wood assemblage very much. He always seems to be totally relaxed kind of Buddha spirited and having a good time.  Later on I encouraged more artists to participate in the project.

Within the first two days Richard, Allura, Toby and Thanh, were into the wood working. It was fun watching them how they all differently approached the project.

 

The images above and the following are process shots of the artists and their work.

 

No comments: